Sunday 23 October 2011

Nursery in earnest

Evening all.

I settled in so well at nursery last week that I spent even longer there this week so Mum could do stuff around the house and get her paperwork updated for her return to work.  Apparently she hasn't needed to complete so many forms since she first started work so getting all the stuff together is taking her a while!

Thursday was a busy social day for me and Mum.  We headed south to Dulwich for morning coffee with Sophie and her daughter, Rose.  She is 12 weeks old and Mum says she is a light as a feather in comparison with me.  I showed her how to eat solids and drink from a bottle.  She showed me how to practice standing on Mum's knee.  Mum and I then headed further south for afternoon tea with my swimming buddies.  Mum had baked scones (lots and lots of scones) and other Mums had made yummy sausage rolls, cupcakes, gorgeous little finger sandwiches, brownies and Dutch fruit cake.  I'm sure you've already guessed what I'm going to say next but once again, none for me!  I tried so hard to look extra cute in order to get even a crumb but nothing!  Humph.

On Friday afternoon M+D and I headed down to Herefordshire for a weekend in the country with Simon and Cathrine.  It took us over 2 hours to get out of London and only a further 2 hours to get to our destination.  We had to go into Wales and everything!  I tried very hard to keep cheerful but the situation and being in my car seat got the better of me and I had to voice my unhappiness on the M4.  Mum coped very well and fed me and chatted to me whilst Dad drove.

Saturday was glorious sunshine and we went for a walk, a pub lunch and another walk.  Sunday wasn't so bright and I was a bit below par so Mum, Cathrine and I drove to the Sunday lunch destination whilst Dad and Simon and his friends walked.  Simon took me for my own little walk and showed me sheep and hills and countryside.  We then headed back to London - more time in the car seat for me.  This time it was Dad's turn to feed me whilst Mum drove.  The journey home was a lot quicker than the way out which was a nice end to the weekend.

Speedy journey hone!


love to all,
Arthur xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment